EFFECTIVE DATE: 12 FEBRUARY 2024
1.1 This page sets out the terms and conditions that apply to the TransferGo Refer a Friend Programme (the “Referral Programme“).
1.2 The Referral Programme is sponsored, promoted and administered by TransferGo Ltd (“TransferGo“, “we“, “us“). We operate a service that allows you to transfer money and make foreign currency payments internationally through our website, transfergo.com, and our app (the “Service“).
1.3 By referring a friend (the “Referred User“) to us as set out below, you (“the Advocate”) will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Programme Terms“). Please read these Programme Terms carefully and make sure you understand and agree to them before referring anyone to us.
1.4 The Referral Programme is void where prohibited by law.
2. How to take part in the Referral Programme
2.1. To take part in the Referral Programme, you must recommend our Service to a person and do any of the following:
• give them your invite code; or
• send them your invite link; or
• tell us to send them an introductory email through our Service by sending us their email address using the functionality on the ‘Invite’ page on our Service
2.2 That person (the “Referred User“) must register with us, set up an Account, and identify that you referred them to our Service by doing one of the following:
2.2.1 quoting your invite code; or
2.2.2 following your invite link; or
2.2.3 following the link contained in the introductory email sent through our Service
2.3 We’ll give you access to your unique invite code and invite link when you sign in to your Account and access the Referral section on our Service. (If you have agreed to receive email communications from us, we will also send your invite code to the email address you gave us when you set up your Account. You can check and amend your stored email address in the Settings section of your TransferGo account.)
2.4. The Referred User must transfer the specific amount mentioned in the app or/and on the web for you to qualify for the reward (the ‘Qualifying Transfer (s). This amount can be sent over one or more Qualifying Transfers, as long as they are within 6 months of having been referred.
2.5 Qualifying Transfers must be international, and from one currency to another. Same currency transfers—EUR to EUR, for example—do not count as Qualifying Transfers.
2.6 You can also tell us to send introductory emails on your behalf within the Referral section of our Service.
2.7 By telling us to send them an email (and/or other communication methods) you confirm that you have the express consent of the receiver for us to keep their contact details and use them for the Referral Programme.
2.8 It’s your responsibility to get the Referred User’s consent to send them the invite code or invite link to our Service.
2.9 Once the Referred User has completed the Qualifying Transfer(s), you may be eligible to claim a cash reward in the amount set out in clause 3 (the “Bonus“). A Qualifying Transfer is deemed completed when:
• the Referred User has initiated the transfer, paid us the relevant amount to be transferred together with our fees; and
• the receiver’s bank account has been credited with the amount sent by the Referred User using our Service (subject to any additional fees and charges as set out in our Terms and Conditions https://www.transfergo.com/terms-and-conditions) and hasn’t been rejected or refunded back to our account.
2.10 Subject to paragraphs 2.12, 2.13, 2.14 and 5, we’ll tell you that you can claim the Bonus by updating the Referral section on our Service within 5 business days of the Referred User completing the Qualifying Transfer(s).
2.11 If the Referred User uses an invite link rather than the invite code when they create their Account, they must have cookies enabled on their browser so that we can identify them as having been referred to our Service by you, and for you to be eligible to receive a Bonus.
2.12 Before you can claim your Bonus, we may need some further information from you and the Referred User. We may:
• ask you and the Referred User to confirm your identities by providing any details or documentation we may reasonably require (as applicable);
• take any reasonable steps to verify any information or documents provided by you or the Referred User for electronic identification, like accessing government and private databases and credit reference agencies.
2.13 TransferGo reserves the right not to pay out the Bonus in the following cases:
• if we’re unable to verify your or the Referred User’s identity or any additional information and documentation in accordance with clause 2.8;
• If we reasonably suspect that the Account has been fraudulently created by the Referred User, or that the Referred User’s Account in some way breaches our Terms and Conditions (https://www.transfergo.com/terms-and-conditions);
• if the Referred User makes their Qualifying Transfer(s) using financial service providers who we have placed on our banned list after detecting patterns of abuse with those providers (for instance Revolut, Monese, ApplePay, Google Pay, N26 and others).
• if the Referred User sends money to you, or to themselves
• if the sender and receiver of a transaction using the Referral Programme coupon code or link are the same person, regardless of whether a) the name on their bank account, debit card, credit card, prepaid card or ID is different or b) their billing address is different
• if the name on the bank card or account is not your own, or if it does not match the name on your TransferGo account. If the names don’t match, we reserve the right not to pay out your reward
• if you have breached any provision in these Programme Terms or our Terms and Conditions;
• if we have discontinued the Referral Programme and the Qualifying Transfer(s) have been completed after the date on which the Referral Programme was discontinued;
• if we’re prohibited from paying you the Bonus by applicable law; or
• if your Bonus has expired in line with paragraph 4.2
• if you or your Referred User has multiple TransferGo accounts;
• if the Bonus was claimed to the same account by multiple users
• if we suspect that the Referred User has no real intention of using our service, and has only used it once in order to get a Bonus
• when you ask us to pay the Bonus to an account that’s not your personal bank account
• when you ask us to pay the Bonus to an account in a country that we don’t support
• other cases that breach Referral Programme Terms if the Referred User doesn’t provide their unique code when they create their TransferGo account or order a transfer, the reward is assigned to the first referrer from the referrer’s code they’re using. We are not able to reassign Bonuses.
2.14 Once you have referred a user to TransferGo, that person cannot refer you back to TransferGo.
2.15 You must not use pay-per-click or other paid or automated lead generation services to take part in the Referral Programme. You may not be able to claim your Bonus if we reasonably suspect that you have used such services to invite Referred Users to our Service, and we may also take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate, including immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service or closure of your Account.
2.16 If your Referred Users repeatedly breach our rules, then you will not receive your Bonus and be blocked from the referral program.
2.17 If we suspect that you have invited fraudsters, then we reserve the right to terminate your TransferGo profile immediately.
2.18 We have the right to suspend a claim if our systems detect that a Friend and an Advocate may be the same person.
2.19 The decision of TransferGo in all matters is final and binding, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
3. Bonus amount
3.1 All Refer a Friend programmes, bonus and currency are determined by multiple factors, and may differ for different users.
3.2 You can claim your Bonus in any lawful currency used in our Supported Countries (as defined in our T&C). We will convert the relevant Bonus amount into the currency selected at the rate shown on the Service on the day and time that we pay the Bonus to you. These rates may fluctuate from time to time in accordance with fluctuations in international exchange rate markets.
3.3 Bonus amounts vary according to a range of factors. These amounts are always stated in the Referral section of the Service. Those who are invited may also be rewarded with discounts, cash bonuses or varying amounts. We’re always looking for the best solutions for our customers, so we reserve the right to change the reward type and amount at any time.
4 Claiming your Bonus
4.1 Once your Bonus is available, you can claim it by:
• filling in your profile with your personal details;
• following the “Claim Your Reward” link on the Referral section on our Service;
• submitting your own bank account details;
4.2 You must claim your Bonus within 30 days. We will inform you of your right to do so, if you have agreed to receive email communications and/or notifications from us. If you don’t claim your Bonus within this period, you won’t be able to claim it any more. We’ll inform you when this happens on the “Invite” page on our Service.
5 Limitation of Liability
5.1 TransferGo reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Referral Programme with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
5.2 We may also modify or discontinue the Referral Programme on reasonable notice to you. If we discontinue the Referral Programme, we will:
• subject to paragraph 4.2, honour any Bonus for which you became eligible prior to 11:59 pm UK time on the last date of the Referral Programme;
• inform you of any right to claim a Bonus that had accrued to you as at 11:59 pm UK time on the last date of the Referral Programme if you have agreed to receive email communications and/or notifications from us.
5.3 TransferGo accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by you as a result of participating in the Referral Programme or accepting or using your Bonus, including (but not limited to) any loss resulting from the following:
• any postponement or cancellation of the Referral Programme, or any delay in informing you of your right to claim a Bonus;
• any alteration, unauthorised access, damage, late delivery or non-delivery of any notices, acceptances, requests or other documents related to the Referral Programme;
• any damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Referral Programme or downloading any materials in connection with the Referral Programme;
• any act or default of any third party supplier.
5.4 Nothing in these Programme Terms shall exclude the liability of TransferGo for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence, or any other matter for which the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability.
5.5 All taxes and other administrative expenses are the responsibility of the referrer.
6. Your personal details
7. Moving to the Affiliates Programme
1. Based on your referral behaviour we may deem it appropriate to move you onto our Affiliates programme. If this happens, we will give you adequate notice and outline your revised cashback benefits.
8.1 If any provision of these Programme Terms is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions.
8.2 If you have any questions about the Referral Programme, please email us at [email protected] with ‘Invite a Friend Programme’ in the subject line.
8.3 The Referral Programme terms will be governed by English law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.4 TransferGo reserves the right to refuse payout of this Bonus at their discretion.
8.5 TransferGo reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Bonus at its absolute discretion.
8.6 TransferGo reserves the right to terminate the Referral Programme at any time, without notice.
8.7 TransferGo reserves the right to change Programme Terms at any time.
9. Current offer
For certain periods we’ll offer specific rewards for selected users, besides our ongoing programme.
Our current offer for selected users is the ‘First Three Friends’ offer, and runs until April 15th at 00:00.
During this period, your first three friends earn you £/€20, £/€30 and £/€50 each—totaling £/€100! Each friend after that will earn you €22 or £20, so you can keep on earning.
How it works
If you have 0 referrals you’re eligible for the full range of rewards:
1st friend £/€20
2nd friend £/€30
3rd friend £/€50
If you have 1 previous referral you’re eligible for these rewards:
2nd friend £/€30
3rd friend £/€50
If you have 2 previous referrals you’re eligible for these rewards:
3rd friend £/€50
If you have 3 previous referrals or more you’re eligible for a £20/€22 reward for every friend you refer after that.